Shibori Indigo Dyeing
Indigo Dyeing is one of the oldest dye techniques used. Using the colors extracted from certain plants, it is used to dye fabrics. Many countries have their forms of indigo dyeing with Japan being one of them. The Japanese traditional method of indigo dyeing is called “Shibori”. Using different folding techniques, different patterns can be produced and often used on clothing in ancient Japan.
- Details about different indigo dyeing plants
- Introduction of the history of indigo dyeing and preparation methods
- How to prepare the correct mixture for natural indigo dyeing
- Shibori dyeing and folding techniques
- A completed piece of cotton cloth (40x40cm) and a completed cinch pouch (12x15cm)
- (Participants can purchase additional products to be dyed)
- All materials and tools provided, such as gloves and plastic tub
All workshops registrations are final – See our policy here.
Next workshop information:
Duration: 2 hours